There are many different types of physical therapy in Valley Stream that may help you achieve the goal of returning to your typical daily routine. Some of those types include:
- Orthopedic physical therapy– This type of physical therapy focuses on musculoskeletal injuries, such as the muscles, bones, ligaments, and tendons. This is helpful for fractures, sprains, tendonitis, and other medical problems regarding the musculoskeletal system.
- Geriatric physical therapy– This is typically for older patients interested in improving their movement and physical functions. Conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, balance disorders, and Alzheimer’s disease may benefit from this type of treatment.
- Neurological physical therapy– This is also helpful for Alzheimer’s disease, as well as cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis. Treatment focuses mainly on the responsiveness of limbs and the treatment of paralysis.
- Wound care therapy– This treatment ensures that a wound is getting enough oxygen and blood. In other words, this type of physical therapy in Valley Stream improves circulation by manual therapies, electric stimulation, and compression therapy.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation– This is meant to help control your bladder and bowel movement. It also helps treat urinary urgency and pelvic pain from injury or surgery.
While there are many different types of physical therapy in Valley Stream, they have the same ultimate goal of getting you back to doing your usual activities without the pain of a previous condition or an injury. Contact us with Comprehensive Healthcare Group to schedule an appointment today!