Helping Treat Your Work-Related Whiplash
Whiplash is a condition caused by any impact that causes your head to suddenly move forward or backward causing stretching and tearing of the muscles and tendons in your neck. Whiplash is one of the many injuries that is involved in workers comp in Valley Stream. Common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Pain when moving your head
- Pain or stiffness when looking over your shoulder
- Decreased range of motion
- Tenderness or tightness
- Headaches that begin at the base of the skull and radiate towards the forehead
How Can You Treat Whiplash?
To help your recovery from whiplash, be sure to:
- Ice your neck - this will help reduce the pain and swelling. Do this for fifteen minutes every three to four hours while the pain persists.
- Take painkillers - Use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen or naproxen. Follow the directions on the label and follow the direction of your doctor.
- Apply moist heat to the neck - only do this after two to three days of icing it. Apply moist heat, by wet towel or rag, until the initial swelling has gone down.
If your whiplash has not improved or has gotten worse, your doctor may recommend a visit to a physical therapist. Workers comp in Valley Stream will provide you with various exercises to strengthen your muscles, improve your posture and restore your normal movement. Your physical therapist can even create an exercise routine that you can do at home.
Workers Comp in Valley Stream
Comprehensive Healthcare Group is a leading multi-disciplinary physical medicine and rehab center that specializes in workers comp in Valley Stream. We understand that injuries happen often in work settings. Our workers’ comp Chiropractor can help you heal from injuries. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Straining your muscles
- Being hit by a falling object
- Repetitive strain from overexertion
Comprehensive Healthcare group has expertise in physical medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, pain management, chiropractic care, and acupuncture, all with the main intention of getting you back to work as fast and as strong as possible. Our team here has been specially trained in caring for the injuries that occur in the workplace. As experts, we will be able to draw up a treatment plan that is perfect for you. Our work-related injury chiropractor wants to help you recover! If you are experiencing a workplace injury or if you would like more information, visit us online, or call 516-593-7990 today!