Posts Tagged ‘Pain Management Physician in Oceanside’
Monday, January 21st, 2019
What you do for a living can have a significant impact on your body – and your job doesn’t have to be physical for that to be true. Many different kinds of injuries can occur in the workplace. If you have been injured on the job, it’s important you know what the next steps should be in order to proceed with the right treatment. Contact our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group if you are seeking workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream today.
Listed are some injuries that can occur at work, and how chiropractic care can help to avoid or treat them:
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck pain
- Nerve damage
- Injuries from overuse or overexertion
- Fall injuries
- Ergonomic problems
Once your injury has been diagnosed, then treatment will include the drug-free and natural method of chiropractic care to address the injury. Chiropractic care is an effective approach focused on disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractor can perform spinal manipulations, heat/ice therapy, and exercise therapy as various forms of treatment. Spinal manipulation, for instance, includes a hands-on manipulation of the problem area, most notably the spine to help improve blood flow, posture, back injuries, neck injuries, and more. Our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group will work with you to determine the best treatment option for you and your injury.
Workers comp in Oceanside
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment option for chronic conditions, muscle strains, or pain relief. By seeking chiropractic care, you can often recover more quickly and get back to work faster. By getting chiropractic treatments on a regular basis, you can also help decrease your chances of getting injured on the job in the first place. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, every treatment offered has one goal in mind, to restore your body's full function. If you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside, contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today.
Wednesday, December 26th, 2018
Shoulder pain and/or injury is extremely common when it comes to work-related injuries. Our shoulders are used daily, so treating any issues you may have with them should be a top priority. If you’re looking for workers comp in Valley Stream, then look no further than Comprehensive Healthcare Group. We offer treatment from our board-certified physicians who provide the highest quality care.
Common shoulder injuries:
Injuries or chronic shoulder pain can limit us when it comes to our jobs. The most common shoulder injuries you might be suffering from include:
- A fracture
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- A dislocated shoulder
What can you do to prevent shoulder pain/injury at work?
If you’re someone who is suffering from constant shoulder pain, you may want to try and make some adjustments to your routine. Try some of these tips for minimizing your shoulder pain:
- Work on your posture
- Rearrange your workspace
- Incorporate getting up and walking into your break time
- Work on being more stress-free
- Stretch before and after work
- Ask for help if you’re lifting heavier objects and/or machinery
- Perform the correct form when lifting heavy objects
When should you seek workers comp in Valley Stream:
Shoulder pain or injury can limit your working capabilities or even force you to take time off. If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be time to contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group:
- Shoulder pain occurring throughout the day
- Persistent pain
- Swelling or bruising around the joint or arm
- Inability to use the arm
- Inability to carry things
- Inability to raise your arm
What does CHG have to offer:
At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we offer a variety of treatment methods for your shoulder pain and/or injury. Our team will assess your injury or condition, and set you up with the best possible treatment option for your recovery process. To relieve your shoulder pain, we offer treatments such as:
- Trigger Point Injections
- Joint Injections
- Kinesio Taping Method/Muscle Strapping
Look no further than our experienced team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group. By making an appointment with us, you’ll be receiving top-quality care as soon as possible. If you are looking for workers comp in Valley Stream, contact us today!
Monday, December 10th, 2018
Comprehensive Healthcare Group specializes in treating patients with work-related injuries. The goal of our program is to efficiently rehabilitate injured workers, reduce their pain, and to lessen the number of days lost to getting back to work. Our team at CHG is here to help you get back to feeling like yourself as quickly as possible. While working efficiently to treat your injury, we offer personal one-on-one care that will allow you to reach your goals and return to work comfortably.
Our workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside will be customized for each patient and can include:
- Work conditioning
- Return-to-work assessments
Our evaluations and treatments for patients with work-related injuries can include:
- Evaluating the strength and endurance
- Assessing the ability to perform work-related duties
- Teaching pain and symptom management
- Customized treatment plans
- Personalized at home exercises
- Assessments to see if the patient is fit to return to work
Being injured at work can cause significant stress, pain, and aggravation affecting your ability to work and provide the needs of the company effectively. Our main priority is to ensure that your pain and discomfort are relieved fast, and you can safely return to work promptly. We emphasize the following when it comes to your recovery after a work-related injury:
- Relieving pain
- Restoring range of motion
- Regaining strength and stamina
- Ensuring a full recovery
- Educating pain management to prevent future injuries from occurring
Workers comp in Valley Stream
Schedule your appointment today at Comprehensive Healthcare Group to learn more about our workers comp in Valley Stream or Oceanside and our work-related injury program. We know the importance of getting back to work fast and pain-free. So, the sooner you see one of our team members, the faster you can get back to work. Contact us today for more information!
Friday, November 30th, 2018
If you have been injured on the job, our goal at Comprehensive Healthcare Group is to get you back to work safely and quickly. We work with a variety of workers compensation insurance carriers and will document your treatment closely. Our staff has been serving patients in the Oceanside and Valley Stream areas for many years with services including chiropractic care, physical therapy, and more. Contact us today if you are looking for workers comp in Oceanside!
How do job-related injuries even happen?
Getting injured on the job often happens in work settings where you are performing motions like pulling, lifting, and carrying, in repetition which can eventually lead to overexertion and injury. If you participate in actions like these while at work, then you may be at risk for suffering from an overextension injury like strains, sprains, pulled muscles, and more. It’s important to know you’re at risk for injuries such as:
- Slipping, falling, or tripping
- Straining your muscles
- Being hit by a falling object
- Repetitive strains due to overexertion
For employers and caseworkers:
One of the most challenging things an employer has on his plate is maintaining a healthy workforce. This can be very hard to accomplish, especially in a labor-intensive employment environment. We know the importance of having an injury-free staff where employees can perform their work duties safely and efficiently. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we specialize in a variety of workers compensation services that can be beneficial for employers and employees.
We take workers comp in Oceanside:
When dealing with insurance carriers and attorneys specializing in workers comp, it’s necessary to find a physician that’s capable of communicating with not only the patient but outside parties as well. At CHG our workers’ compensation services follow these steps to ensure we are providing top-quality care while also abiding by all rules:
- Getting to your appointment within the first 24 hours
- Offering disability assessments
- A prognosis including permanent injury loss of function schedules
- Expert medico-legal witnesses for their respective specialties and second opinion consultations
- Written reports that are concise and follow all legal requirements
If you live in or near Valley Stream or Oceanside, then Comprehensive Healthcare Group should be your first choice when it comes to treating job-related injuries. Our team has been trained in caring for the injuries that can occur in the workplace. As experts in workers compensation, we will be able to draw up the best treatment plan for you.
Workers Compensation and Work Conditioning Programs:
Our team will work side by side with case managers and safety managers communicating effectively to aid in the effort of solving your case. Our program will involve specific return to work activities to replicate a typical work day for you to ensure that you have the tools and knowledge to return to work safely, as well as help in making corrections to your form and function so that you can build strength, endurance, and knowledge. Whether you work at a high labor intensive job or a desk job, we will teach you the correct body ergonomics needed to help prevent injury at work.
Workers Comp in Oceanside
Immediate action is essential when it comes to on the job injuries. If you are someone who is looking for workers comp in Oceanside or Valley Stream, make an appointment with our team at Comprehensive Healthcare Group today!
Wednesday, October 10th, 2018
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
Work-related injuries are a common cause of pain and long-term complications including herniated disc, osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and back strain. When preventative measures fail, Comprehensive Healthcare Group is here to help your body recover from these stresses. If you are looking for a chiropractor in Valley Stream, we are more than happy to help you return to work with expert chiropractic care, consultation, and training. We work as a team to provide you with the best education and techniques to help you recover.
Common Injuries in the workplace:
- Muscle strains and sprains due to heavy lifting
- Carpal tunnel syndrome due to excessive typing
- Falls from elevated areas
- Neck, back, and shoulder pain due to prolonged sitting
- Whiplash from a vehicular accident
Despite the various hazards in the workplace, there are precautions you can take to prevent a work-related injury. Many injuries are related to overexertion, decreased concentration, or repetitive motions. It is important to take a 5-minute break after half an hour of sitting to get up and stretch, circulate your blood, and adjust your posture. Small breaks can make a big difference in preventing pain, especially in the back and neck. Additionally, repetitive motions such as excessive typing should not be continued for more than 1 hour without taking a short break. This gives the muscle a chance to relax and avoid excessive pressure in the median nerve leading to carpal tunnel syndrome. Lastly, if your work involves a lot of driving, it is always important to drive attentively and safely with a seatbelt. This will help avoid any extreme whiplash or crash injury in the case of an accident.
How can Comprehensive Healthcare Group help your work-related injury?
Our services work with the body to speed recovery and pain relief. We will help improve the wellness of your body and functionality to have you feeling back to normal. We offer a range of methods including but not limited to:
- Spinal manipulation
- Massage therapy
- Exercise therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Nutritional support
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
Workplace injuries are incredibly common, but don’t let them hold you back from achieving full recovery. Our chiropractor in Valley Stream offers a wide range of resources to help you feel like yourself again. Contact us today to make your appointment!
Wednesday, September 5th, 2018
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
When it comes to alleviating pain, one popular treatment option that is available to patients is chiropractic care. Chiropractic care takes a natural and holistic approach to health. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our chiropractor in Valley Stream can utilize several traditional and cutting-edge chiropractic services to treat a wide variety of different conditions.
What is Chiropractic Care?
At its core, chiropractic care is used to treat issues that affect the musculoskeletal system. Our chiropractors will utilize hands-on and alternative medical techniques to alleviate pain and to bring the body back into its proper alignment. The goal is to support and enhance the body’s natural healing process. Some of the most popular techniques that fall under chiropractic care include the following:
- Spinal Manipulation
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation:
- Massage Therapy
- Nutritional Support
- Exercise Therapy
Chiropractic Care Benefits:
Chiropractic care can offer patients with many benefits that they might not experience with using a more traditional treatment option. Here are some of the most important benefits that come with using chiropractic care.
It can treat many injuries/conditions: Our chiropractor in Valley Stream can use chiropractic care to treat many different injuries and conditions. Some of the major injuries/conditions include the following:
- Lower-back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
It is incredibly safe: One of the most important benefits of chiropractic care is the fact that it is noninvasive and safe. When faced with a painful condition or injury, many people will considerer undergoing surgery to stop the pain. While it can be effective, surgery can also be invasive and even dangerous. At the same time, some procedures require a lengthy recovery period. Chiropractic care has none of these negatives and is still effective at eliminating the pain.
It is natural: Another significant benefit of chiropractic care is the fact that it utilizes natural methods to treat patients. Some people will be prescribed pain medication after they suffer an injury to manage their symptoms. Pain medication can cause disruptive side effects. Addiction is also a risk of using pain medication. Chiropractic care has no risk for addiction, and the side effects are usually insignificant.
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
Overall, Chiropractic care is a safer and often more effective alternative to traditional treatment options such as surgery and pain medication. After determining which technique is right for you, our chiropractor in Valley Stream will develop a treatment plan that is specifically designed to meet your needs and objectives. If you are interested in learning more about chiropractic care, contact us today.
Monday, August 27th, 2018
It’s that time of year again! We have reached that point in the summer where many of us pack up, leave town, and go on a nice relaxing vacation. But getting to your destination is often a hassle and can ultimately put a lot of stress on your lower back. For help, call our Chiropractor in Oceanside! Avoiding long periods of travel cramped up in a car or plane can be difficult when going on vacation. Despite this, there are still some steps you can take to reduce lower back pain and prevent injuries while traveling this summer.
At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we offer chiropractic services that can treat a wide range of injuries and conditions. This summer, our chiropractor in Oceanside and Valley Stream will be able to help prevent your vacation from being ruined by lower back pain. Here are some steps you can take to prevent lower back pain while traveling this summer:
- Get Comfortable Immediately: Before you leave for your trip, make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while sitting in your seat to avoid future pain. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- Removing your wallet, keys, or phone from your back pocket to avoid problems with your spine alignment.
- Focus on your posture. Make sure to sit up straight with your chin pulled in and your legs uncrossed.
- Utilize a seat cushion for extra support. A rolled up jacket or sweater can also do the trick.
- Get Up And Stretch: Your spine will need a break from sitting down. Sitting in one spot for too long will cause your muscles to stiffen up and spasm, resulting in added stress and pain on your spine. If you get up to stretch every 20-30 minutes, it will allow for proper blood flow which brings oxygen and nutrients to your lower back. Our chiropractor in Oceanside and Valley Stream can also show you several exercises that will assist with preventing lower back pain during travel.
- Bring An Ice Pack/Heat Pack: Inflammation will often accompany lower back pain. Using an ice pack will reduce inflammation and muscle soreness while you travel. Heat packs can also be useful in alleviating lower back pain by loosening up the muscles. Portable heat packs and long-lasting heat wraps are convenient to have during any long trips this summer.
- Pack Properly: Not only are heavy bags an inconvenience, but they can create a lot of strain and stress on your back. You can avoid this by using a light suitcase with wheels instead of a bulky duffle bag. Also, make sure that you only bring what is necessary for the trip. The more items you pack, the more strain will be put on your back. Backpacks are also beneficial because they evenly distribute the weight on your shoulders.
Monday, August 20th, 2018
Comprehensive Healthcare Group is an established and well regarded multi-disciplinary practice providing traditional and holistic medical treatment in the fields of physical medicine, orthopedics, physical therapy, chiropractic, acupuncture and pain management at our fully staffed locations in Nassau County, Long Island, NY. Our specialists emphasize individualized patient needs through a variety of healthcare services under one roof. At this location, we offer physical therapy in Oceanside for all of our patients. For over 20 years, we have developed a reputation for patient-directed care using the latest technologies and qualified providers. We consult with new and existing patients in our Oceanside, Valley Stream, NY locations.
- Over two decades of distinguished health care delivery in Nassau County, Long Island our expanded facility provides the optimum in service to patients and industry.
- Competent managed health care, individualized for each patient's needs with a focused follow up care plan.
- Staff of certified specialists provides for the finest in acute, trauma, rehabilitative care and acute/chronic pain management services.
- Through the combination of traditional medicine and natural alternatives, our physicians employ a variety of modalities to produce positive patient outcomes.
- Both office locations have state-of-art digital X-Ray equipment for evaluation.
- As a result of the careful planning and implementation at every phase of our patients' care, we are confident in the preparation of complete patient records, with supportive documentation, designed to meet specific needs.
- Patient (and attorneys) have access to a health care provider seven days a week.
- Same day appointments (most times).
- Bi-Lingual staff and telephone communications.
- Open evenings until 7:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Free parking.
InjuriesWhether your examination is for Personal Injury, Motor Vehicle, Industrial Accident or Social Security Disability, we will direct you to the proper physician - the first time - for an accurate diagnosis, and implementation of an appropriate treatment plan and comprehensive diagnostic work-up. Patient consultation reports are supervised by the Medical Director. Most narratives are prepared and available within one week of the patient's appointment. To schedule an appointment, call our Oceanside, NY office at 516.764.7760 or our Valley Stream NY office at 516.593.7990.
Sports Injury Treatment in Oceanside, NY
As an athlete, physical therapy in Oceanside is a crucial component of recovering from injuries, both on and off the field. Even during the off-season, physical therapy is essential for returning to peak physical strength. Physical therapy provides many benefits to the body in the aftermath of an injury. By supporting the body, physical therapy will allow the injury to heal more effectively than it would under normal conditions. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we offer many different services for athletes who have suffered injuries. Our Oceanside Physical Therapy Staff can assist athletes with their recovery and help them return to the field as quickly and safely as possible.
How Physical Therapy Helps Recovery:
Our Oceanside Physical Therapy Staff will start by working with you to create a customized treatment plan based on the nature of your injury. This treatment plan will be designed to meet your physical needs and personal objectives. Our treatment plans are primarily composed of the following:
- Ice/Heat Therapy
The purpose of these specific techniques is to:
- Restore range of motion
- Decrease pain and stress on the body
- Develop strength and flexibility
- Increase endurance
Why Physical Therapy in Oceanside is Especially Important for Athletes:
Utilizing physical therapy after an injury could mean the difference between a short and productive recovery, and a long, drawn-out recovery. Physical therapy is particularly important for athletes, as not having physical therapy after an injury could put their athletic careers in jeopardy. Just because an injury occurs during the off-season, it does not diminish the importance of receiving physical therapy. Off-season physical therapy ensures that your body is healthy and in shape before the season starts. Physical therapy goes beyond just recovery, as it also works to improve the body as a whole. If you are an athlete that has experienced an injury, contact our physical therapist in Oceanside today!
Orthopedic Physical Therapy in Oceanside
Orthopedic physical therapy deals with the rehabilitation and prevention of injuries to the musculoskeletal system - the network of bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves that gives the body its shape and allows us to move.
Many of the problems our patients face involve the joints, places in the body where two or more bones meet. Humans have three different kinds of joints: fibrous (in the skull), cartilaginous (in the spine) and synovial (the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, hips, knees, ankles and feet). This last type is what we usually refer to when we say "joint." Ligaments connect bones to each other, and tendons connect muscles and bones.
These parts of our bodies can be damaged from a traumatic injury, disease, or the natural aging process. Commonly treated conditions include arthritis, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains and strains, knee and shoulder problems, and pediatric conditions such as club foot.
Manual Physical Therapy in Oceanside
Manual physical therapy is a type of hands-on treatment that involves tissue and joint manipulation. The goal is to increase mobility and reduce stress and pain in the muscles, joints and connective tissues. The practitioner manually applies pressure, tension and sometimes vibration to the targeted tissues and structures.
Manual therapy is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. Rather, we create a treatment plan to meet the specific needs of each patient. A treatment session can include several different techniques, including deep-tissue massage, spine mobilization, and joint manipulation.
Kinesio Taping® Method / Muscle Strapping
The Kinesio Taping Method uses a special, elastic tape to relax and support muscles and to reduce pain and inflammation. Applied directly to the skin, this “muscle strapping” technique is used to deal with sports injuries, carpal tunnel, back pain, and much more. Unlike traditional athletic tape, the Kinesio Taping Method allows for full range of motion,
Common application sites include:
Post-Trauma Physical and Manipulative Therapy in Oceanside
Injuries like a fall or car crash can take a serious toll on our bones and soft tissues. In the aftermath of an accident, patients may be experiencing pain, loss of movement, weakness, loss of sensation, exaggerated reflexes and difficulty breathing, depending on the type and severity of their condition.
To reduce pain and increase stability, our physical therapy practice on Long Island NY addresses these sorts of post-trauma injuries with a comprehensive treatment plan drawing from several disciplines. These can include a physical therapy regimen, manipulative therapy including massage, and much more.
Long Term Benefits of Neck Pain Physical Therapy in Oceanside
Straining yourself because of neck pain can not only be discouraging but it can also become a hindrance to everyday activities. No matter the initial cause of injury, neck discomfort needs to be resolved with utmost haste in order to help prevent other complications from occurring.
In most cases, neck pain can range from either temporary to chronic, depending upon the severity. In order to properly treat this condition, you may need to receive both physical therapy as well as chiropractic care for long-lasting results. These two forms of treatment go hand-in-hand when treating chronic pain of the spine and neck. Our office not only offers physical therapy in Oceanside but also physical therapy for our patient's convenience. If you have neck pain, your first step is to determine the cause, and the next step is to visit Comprehensive Healthcare Group to receive treatment and the proper care.
Unfortunately, neck pain can be caused by an abundance of factors. On some occasions, radiating pain can be stimulated due to an injury, other times the cause may not be quite as clear. Visiting a location for physical therapy in Oceanside and receiving tests can help you figure out the cause of your pain. Some of the most common potential causes for your neck pain may include the following:
- Overuse Injuries - this type of neck pain is typically temporary and results from straining your neck muscles over a long period of time.
- Arthritis - all of your joints are at risk for being worn down from arthritis, and the neck is no exception. The deterioration of the soft tissues surrounding your joint bones can cause pain and discomfort in the long term, especially when using the joint often as a result of repetitive motions.
- Pinched Nerve (Cervical Radiculopathy) - this condition can affect the sensitive nerve endings in the spine, leading to pain radiating throughout the neck area. The compression of the nerves along your spine can be the result of a herniated or degenerated disc in the spinal column.
- Headaches/Migraines - these conditions can cause pain and stiffness in the neck as a result of the pain and heaviness felt in the head.
If you’re unsure of the cause of your neck pain, visiting your physician and determining why you’re experiencing pain is the first step towards healing. Once you’ve determined the cause, you can begin your treatment by receiving specialized care.
What Are The Benefits?
A physical therapist may offer both passive and active physical therapy to help treat your neck pain. Passive physical therapy includes treatments like massage therapy, the application of ice or heat, or electrotherapy. Active physical therapy treatments will involve you doing specified movements that stretch and work the muscles in the neck.
Pairing physical therapy with chiropractic care can offer huge benefits, as one compliments the other. While receiving physical therapy, getting regular chiropractic adjustments of the neck can realign the joints, improve mobility and flexibility, reduce inflammation and pain. Some benefits of utilizing physical therapy in Oceanside include:
- Potential for pain reductions.
- Boosted mobility.
- Improved flexibility.
- Strengthened muscles, helping to increase injury prevention.
- Increased range of motion, making movements more comfortable.
- Improvement in joint function.
If you’re looking to complement your physical therapy with chiropractic care, Comprehensive Healthcare Group can offer you the treatment and relief you need. Contact us for physical therapy in Oceanside and to schedule an appointment for stopping your neck pain today.
Four Distinct Benefits of Physical Therapy in Oceanside
Physical therapy is important to help you along your healing process. While some may not be aware of this, you don’t need a prescription from your doctor to start seeing a physical therapist. You can start seeking treatment yourself! With physical therapy in Oceanside, you can expect to undergo a physical evaluation, physical therapy treatment, and receive self-management recommendations.
With the physical therapists with Comprehensive Healthcare Group, you can expect to reap all the benefits of physical therapy in Oceanside!
Many people do not know what to expect when going to a physical therapist for the very first time. Some common impairments that your physical therapist will measure include:
- Range of Motion
- Functional mobility
- Neurological screening
Once the initial examination is completed, your physical therapist will begin creating an individualized treatment plan for you. Your physical therapist may also recommend how frequently you should attend. Never hesitate to ask questions regarding your treatment!
Depending on your reason for physical therapy treatment, the benefits may vary. However, the most common benefits include:
- Improved mobility and movement- Movement aids in the prevention of obesity, as well as reducing the risk of a heart attack or stroke. This can also improve your balance.
- Fall Prevention- Falling or injuries caused by a fall is very common among older adults. An effective physical therapy method is a treatment plan of exercises that provide balance and strength training.
- Pain management- There are many methods that a physical therapist may use to decrease pain. These methods include:
- Manual therapy
- Dry needling
- Electrical stimulation
- Strength exercises
- Pain relief
- Avoid surgery- Studies have shown that physical therapy is often a cheaper alternative to surgery. It also is often just as effective as surgery. The treatment plans for your injury are personalized just for you by your physical therapist in Oceanside.
Comprehensive Healthcare Group can allow you to take advantage of all the benefits of physical therapy and help you get back on your feet in no time! Contact us today to get started!
What is the Goal of Physical Therapy in Oceanside?
Physical therapists are trained professionals that evaluate, diagnose, and treat physical dysfunctions due to injury, disability, or condition. Through treatment, physical therapists rehabilitate your physical function and mobility of the target area and promote physical activity. If you think you would benefit from physical therapy in Oceanside, contact us at Comprehensive Healthcare Group. We’ll get you started on the perfect treatment plan for you!
Physical therapy is meant to promote movement, reduce pain, and restore function. Physical therapists, depending on the condition of the patient, may mobilize or massage a joint or muscle to achieve these goals. Other goals may include:
- Prevent disability or injury
- Avoid surgery
- Promote balance
- Control bladder or bowels
- Adapt to an artificial limb
- Learn to use an assistive device such as a cane or walker
The ultimate goal is to allow you to return to your usual day-to-day activities that were hindered by an injury or condition.
Types of Physical Therapy
There are many different types of physical therapy in Oceanside that may help you achieve the goal of returning to your typical daily routine. Some of those types include:
- Orthopedic physical therapy- This type of physical therapy focuses on musculoskeletal injuries, such as the muscles, bones, ligaments, and tendons. This is helpful for fractures, sprains, tendonitis, and other medical problems regarding the musculoskeletal system.
- Geriatric physical therapy- This is typically for older patients interested in improving their movement and physical functions. Conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, balance disorders, and Alzheimer’s disease may benefit from this type of treatment.
- Neurological physical therapy- This is also helpful for Alzheimer’s disease, as well as cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis. Treatment focuses mainly on the responsiveness of limbs and the treatment of paralysis.
- Wound care therapy- This treatment ensures that a wound is getting enough oxygen and blood. In other words, this type of physical therapy in Oceanside improves circulation by manual therapies, electric stimulation, and compression therapy.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation- This is meant to help control your bladder and bowel movement. It also helps treat urinary urgency and pelvic pain from injury or surgery.
While there are many different types of physical therapy in Oceanside, they have the same ultimate goal of getting you back to doing your usual activities without the pain of a previous condition or an injury. Contact us with Comprehensive Healthcare Group to schedule an appointment today!
Driving Directions To Oceanside Office
Via NY-27 Heading East
- Head east on NY-27 E toward Randall Ave
- Exit onto Merrick Rd
- Turn right onto Lincoln Ave
- Turn right onto Long Beach Rd
- Pass by Bank of America Financial Center (on the right)
- Continue straight onto Lincoln Ave/Lower Lincoln Ave
- Destination will be on the right
Via Southern State Pkwy and Long Beach Rd Heading West
- Merge onto Southern State Pkwy
- Take exit 20N toward Baldwin Rd N
- Turn left onto Weir St
- Turn left onto Long Beach Rd
- Pass by Bank of America Financial Center (on the right in 3.3 mi)
- Continue straight onto Lincoln Ave/Lower Lincoln Ave
- Destination will be on the right
Via Meadowbrook State Pkwy Heading South
- Get on Meadowbrook State Pkwy S
- Follow Meadowbrook State Pkwy S to NY-27 W in Freeport.
- Take exit M8W to merge onto NY-27 W toward New York
- Follow N Long Beach Rd to Lincoln Ave/Lower Lincoln Ave in Oceanside
- Turn left onto N Long Beach Rd
- Continue straight onto Lincoln Ave/Lower Lincoln Ave
- Destination will be on the right
Monday, August 13th, 2018
Chiropractor in Valley Stream
No matter what your career is, working can take a heavy toll on the body. If you have recently suffered a work-related injury, chiropractic care may be an effective, alternative avenue for pain relief. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our chiropractor in Valley Stream or Oceanside can provide you with a wide range of chiropractic services to treat your work-related injury.
What is Chiropractic treatment?
Chiropractic treatment is a natural approach to healthcare which focuses on diagnosing and treating disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Treatment consists primarily of manual spinal adjustments aimed at properly aligning the body and restoring maximum mobility.
Injuries in the workplace
At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our team of experts can work with you to address and repair a variety of injuries and conditions that can happen in the workplace. Some of the most common workplace injuries include the following:
- Shoulder Pain
- Strains and Sprains
Causes of Workplace Injuries:
Some common causes of workplace injuries include the following:
Injuries stemming from repetitive motions: Repetitive motions include typing, lifting heavy objects, and even sitting at a desk all day. These actions can gradually cause an injury if you fail to take frequent breaks to give your body a rest.
Overexertion: Many jobs require constant, intense physical engagement such as lifting, bending, standing, etc., which can lead to injury or chronic pain.
Falling: Slipping, falling, and other accidents are common in many jobs and can lead to injury which demands immediate treatment.
How can we help?
Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our team of experienced chiropractors will work to help you recover from your workplace injury. In addition to pain relief and speeding up your recovery, we can also improve your body's wellness and functionality.
Some of the treatment methods we can use to treat a workplace injury include:
- Spinal Manipulation/Adjustment
- Exercise Therapy
- Nutritional Support
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
Workplace injuries are incredibly common and can impact the body in a variety of ways depending on the nature of your job. Luckily, chiropractic treatment is an excellent means of relieving work induced pain. Our chiropractor in Valley Stream or Oceanside can help your body return to normalcy.
Monday, August 6th, 2018
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition that causes pain, tingling, and numbness throughout the hand and arm due to a pinched nerve in the wrist. This nerve is the median nerve located on the palm side of your hand. This nerve also provides sensation and nerve signals to the muscles surrounding the thumb. If you are seeking treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome, contact us today to get connected for physical medicine in Oceanside or Valley Stream.
- Numbness, tingling, and pain in your thumb and fingers
- Pain and burning that moves up the arm
- Wrist pain that occurs at night and interferes with sleep
- Weakness in your hand muscles
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when your wrist experiences too much pressure, which then causes the median nerve to become pinched as it moves through the wrist. Sources of carpal tunnel syndrome include the following:
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Fluid retention from pregnancy or menopause
- High blood pressure
- Autoimmune disorders
- Fractures or trauma to the wrist
Overextension of the wrist is also a leading cause of carpal tunnel syndrome. The following examples will often lead to overextended wrists:
- The position of your wrist when you are using a keyboard or mouse
- When you use vibrating power/hand tools
- Any repeated movements that overextend your wrist, such as playing the piano
Softer Touch: You may not realize it, but you could be using more pressure than you need to in your daily tasks. Your hand and wrist will benefit from using a gentler grip.
Take Breaks: Taking a 10-15 minute break to stretch your hands will help to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome. Try making a fist and then fan out your fingers as far as you can 5-10 times during this break time.
Change It Up: You should avoid repeating the same hand and wrist motions. Try switching hands or mixing up your tasks, which will reduce the pressure on your hands and wrist.
Watch Your Form: Try not to bend your wrist all the way up or down. Keeping it at a neutral, middle level is best.
When it comes to treating carpal tunnel syndrome, there are many options available. These treatments range from making lifestyle changes to seeking physical therapy. One popular treatment option includes seeking physical medicine in Oceanside or Valley Stream like us in order to receive an effective course of action. Here at Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we are a multi-disciplinary practice offering a wide range of different treatment options for our patients.
Are you interested in setting up an appointment for physical medicine in Oceanside or Valley Stream? Be sure to contact us today.