Acupuncture in Oceanside, NY
Acupuncture is an alternative treatment method and one of the oldest forms of therapy practiced in the world, effective in treating a wide range of symptoms and conditions. This traditional treatment involves the insertion of thin needles into the skin into the underlying tissue at precise locations known to help relieve pain and other symptoms.
Acupuncture can be used to treat many different medical conditions, including:
- Postoperative pain
- Headaches, neck and back pain and other orthopedic conditions
- Menstrual cramps
- Fibromyalgia and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Sinusitis and asthma
- Gastritis, nausea, vomiting and other gastrointestinal conditions
This treatment is often combined with more conventional ones, such as prescription drugs, to maximize results and allow patients to return to their regular activities more quickly.
During the acupuncture treatment, needles are inserted into the skin at targeted areas and depths depending on each patient's individual symptoms. Only sterile, single-use needles are used during acupuncture in order to ensure patient safety. The needles are usually kept in place for 5 to 20 minutes, and may receive electrical or heat impulses during this time. Patients often undergo a series of weekly or biweekly treatments, usually with 12 total treatment sessions.
Our practice is proud to offer a variety of acupuncture modalities including:
- Auricular Acupuncture: Ear acupuncture technique that stimulates the surface of the ear for whole-body effects.
- Five Elemented Acupuncture: Treating the body, mind, and spirit, this acupuncture method works to restore balance and increase well-being.
- Japanese Acupuncture: Varying from traditional acupuncture, the Japanese method put a strong emphasis on touch and relies on thinner needles.
- Korean Acupuncture: Paying special attention to the hands, Korean acupuncture puts great emphasis on restoring overall balance.
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture: As one of the most diverse treatments around, this centuries-old technique works to treat pain and promote overall better health.
- Trigger Point Acupuncture: Aimed at returning a natural balance to your muscles, the trigger point method treats muscle tightness and spasms by targeting taught muscle fibers.