Doctors Who Accept Workers Compensation Near Me
One of the most effective tools against costly and counterproductive workplace injuries is proper education and training to prevent injuries from occurring in the workplace. By training employees about safe work techniques and regularly monitoring safety conditions, the frequency of injuries can be significantly reduced. Furthermore, knowledge of proper post-injury rehabilitation promotes healthy healing and a more successful recovery. If work injuries occur and you need a physical therapist or chiropractor who takes workers comp in Oceanside we can help you!
What causes a pinched nerve?
A pinched nerve is when there is an abundant amount of pressure located on the surrounding nerve tissue. That tissue can be muscles, bones, tendons, or cartilage. Pinched nerves can occur anywhere in the body, however, the most common places are the elbows, neck, back, and wrists. If you have a pinched nerve in your lower back, it is most likely caused by a herniated disk that is pinching a nerve root. If you have suffered a pinched nerve due to work and need a chiropractor that accepts Workers Comp in Oceanside, Comprehensive Healthcare Group can help relieve some of that pain and tingling.
What are the symptoms of a pinched nerve?
There are a few different symptoms that people feel, depending on where your pinched nerve is in your body. The most common symptoms include:
- Weakened muscles
- Pins and needles, or paresthesia
A pinched nerve in the lower back can cause pain to radiate down the back of your leg, which can definitely become irritating. When the pain lasts several days, it may be time to call your chiropractor.
How can a chiropractor in Oceanside help?
Most of the time, with a little bit of rest, a pinched nerve will go away on its own. Other times, the pinched nerve is persistent and feels as if it’s never going to go away. The pain can become annoying and frustrating. Maybe you’ve tried an over-the-counter medication, but it just doesn’t seem to be working. Chiropractors specialize in hands-on manipulation as a way of treating your lower back pinched nerve, such as:
- Spinal manipulation
- This involves carefully moving a joint beyond its typical range of motion, which will allow spinal alignment and it can improve the function of your joints. When done correctly by a licensed chiropractor, this is known as a safe and effective treatment method for pain in the lower back area.
- It’s no secret that nutrition is important. The vitamins and minerals in different foods can improve your health in ways that most people aren’t even aware of. Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B-6, alkalizing minerals, and alpha-lipoic acid can help heal your pinched nerve. A chiropractor that takes workers comp in Oceanside can help you incorporate these beneficial vitamins and minerals into your diet.
- A chiropractor can help you find the right exercises to do in order to relieve your lower back pain. Your chiropractor will know which stretches and strength-training exercises you can do that will help heal your pinched nerve.
We know a pinched nerve can be a nuisance, but we can help make the healing process a lot easier. If you are experiencing a pinched nerve in your lower back, contact a chiropractor who accepts workers comp in Oceanside with Comprehensive Healthcare Group.
What is bursitis?
Bursitis is an inflammation of the joints in the knee, shoulder, hip, or elbow. It occurs when the small fluid sacs near or on your joints (bursae) become swollen or irritated. The bursae work to cushion your ligaments, bones, and tendons as they move and slide against each other within the body. These are very important in helping your joints move fluently, so a change in their form or size can cause complications. As they grow in size, the amount of room left for the things they cushion to move decreases. When these sacs become inflamed or irritated, they cause frustrating bouts of dull pain or aching, redness at the injury site, stiffness or immobility, and swelling. Adding pressure to the injury will intensify the pain. If you have developed bursitis because of your job a chiropractor who accepts workers comp in Oceanside can help you!
Common causes of bursitis include:
- Overuse - Perhaps the most common reason for shoulder Bursitis lies in the overuse of the shoulder. Anyone who uses strong shoulder rotations and forces exertions daily is extremely susceptible to bursitis. Throwing sports are the main culprits, with athletes like baseball pitchers and football quarterbacks statistically suffering from the highest number of cases.
- Direct injury - This would mostly occur in situations where swelling is a result of a sudden or major impact that would cause swelling just as in any other part of the body.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
How can physical therapy help?
There are a few things that you can do at home to begin your process, but none of these options are substitutes to comprehensive medical care. Following RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation) is a suitable course of action until your appointment with our chiropractor who accepts workers comp in Oceanside.
Should your complications persist unregulated, you may be forced to take drastic measures. Steroid injections are sometimes available for use in reducing swelling and discomfort but can be expensive in traditional doctors offices. Additionally, if shoulder bursitis is not treated properly, you might be forced to undergo a very heavy surgery to repair the damage. This option only opens up if you deny other options of treatment and allow the injury to worsen. The surgery does repair the damage and help in reducing the pressure on the bursa but is invasive and expensive to undergo and can put you out of time and money for weeks or months.
Physical therapy is necessary to get your shoulder back in working order. Our chiropractors in Oceanside understand the proper exercise and movement techniques to help your shoulder regain its lost mobility and lose the stiffness or pain that came with bursitis inflammation.
You may have been simply playing in one of your soccer games or perhaps even just getting up from a chair when all of a sudden you feel a spontaneous “pop”. The “pop” that you felt in your knee could be the result of a meniscus tear. A meniscus tear usually occurs during sports, when players twist their knee wrong, which causes it to tear. It is also a very common injury for geriatric patients due to the knee cartilage wearing down and weakening over time. Any awkward movement of the knee though could cause a tear. If you suspect that you have torn your meniscus, there is a team including a physical therapist, a pain management physician, and a chiropractor in Oceanside that can help! If you have suffered this injury due to your position at work and now need physical therapy from a therapist who accepts workers comp in Oceanside we can help! At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, our team can provide a number of different services that can help you recover from a torn meniscus, including chiropractic care and physical therapy!
Symptoms of a Torn Meniscus:
The most common symptoms of a torn meniscus that you may experience can include the following:
- Knee pain.
- Locking of the knee.
- Knee cannot use its full range of motion.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, visit Comprehensive Healthcare Group where a physical therapist who accepts workers comp in Oceanside, pain management physician, or a chiropractor can treat your injury before it worsens.
An at-home treatment plan for a torn meniscus may include some of the following methods:
- Muscle strengthening exercises.
- Icing the knee on and off.
If the tear is severe, you may require arthroscopic surgery. Post-surgery, you will require a routine treatment plan to help you recover promptly and efficiently. This is why visiting a doctor in Oceanside or Valley Stream at Comprehensive Healthcare Group can help! Our team will ensure you receive the necessary treatment, to get you back on your feet!
How can we help:
While a torn meniscus may be a very common injury for all ages, treatment will be necessary regardless of your age. If you do not seek treatment, your tear could worsen and cause further medical complications, such as arthritis. By seeking out medical care from our multidisciplinary team, a physical therapist, pain management physician or a chiropractor that takes workers comp in Oceanside can make sure you are recovering completely! Seeking out assistance early could prevent you from needing surgery or having to take unnecessary medications. At Comprehensive Healthcare Group, we will examine your injury and determine which specific treatment plan is right for you. We offer a variety of treatments, like chiropractic care and physical therapy, that can relieve the pain from your torn meniscus! Visit our website to schedule an appointment today!
Straining yourself because of neck pain can not only be discouraging but it can also become a hindrance to everyday activities. No matter the initial cause of injury, neck discomfort needs to be resolved with utmost haste in order to help prevent other complications from occurring.
In most cases, neck pain can range from either temporary to chronic, depending upon the severity. In order to properly treat this condition, you may need to receive both physical therapy as well as chiropractic care for long-lasting results. These two forms of treatment go hand-in-hand when treating chronic pain of the spine and neck. It is typical that this injury may form from work related activities. If so you may need a chiropractor who accepts workers comp in Oceanside. Our office not only offers a chiropractor but also physical therapy for our patient's convenience. If you have neck pain, your first step is to determine the cause, and the next step is to visit Comprehensive Healthcare Group to receive treatment and the proper care.
Unfortunately, neck pain can be caused by an abundance of factors. On some occasions, radiating pain can be stimulated due to an injury, other times the cause may not be quite as clear. Visiting a chiropractor who accepts workers comp in Oceanside and receiving tests can help you figure out the cause of your pain. Some of the most common potential causes for your neck pain may include the following:
- Overuse Injuries - this type of neck pain is typically temporary and results from straining your neck muscles over a long period of time.
- Arthritis - all of your joints are at risk for being worn down from arthritis, and the neck is no exception. The deterioration of the soft tissues surrounding your joint bones can cause pain and discomfort in the long term, especially when using the joint often as a result of repetitive motions.
- Pinched Nerve (Cervical Radiculopathy) - this condition can affect the sensitive nerve endings in the spine, leading to pain radiating throughout the neck area. The compression of the nerves along your spine can be the result of a herniated or degenerated disc in the spinal column.
- Headaches/Migraines - these conditions can cause pain and stiffness in the neck as a result of the pain and heaviness felt in the head.
If you’re unsure of the cause of your neck pain, visiting your physician and determining why you’re experiencing pain is the first step towards healing. Once you’ve determined the cause, you can begin your treatment by receiving specialized care.
How a Physical Therapist and Chiropractor who accept workers comp in Oceanside Can Benefit You:
A physical therapist may offer both passive and active physical therapy to help treat your neck pain. Passive physical therapy includes treatments like massage therapy, the application of ice or heat, or electrotherapy. Active physical therapy treatments will involve you doing specified movements which stretch and work the muscles in the neck.
Pairing physical therapy with chiropractic care can offer huge benefits, as one complements the other. While receiving physical therapy, getting regular chiropractic adjustments of the neck can realign the joints, improve mobility and flexibility, reduce inflammation and pain. Some benefits of utilizing a physical therapist and chiropractor who takes workers comp in Oceanside include:
- Potential for pain reductions.
- Boosted mobility.
- Improved flexibility.
- Strengthened muscles, helping to increase injury prevention.
- Increased range of motion, making movements more comfortable.
- Improvement in joint function.
If you’re looking to complement your physical therapy with chiropractic care, Comprehensive Healthcare Group can offer you the treatment and relief you need. Contact our Chiropractor who accepts workers comp in Oceanside to schedule an appointment to stop your neck pain today.