Chiropractic Care for Migraines
Migraines are headaches that reoccur often and last longer than regular headaches. Their severity can vary, at times they may be moderate, whereas others they can cause throbbing or pulsing pain. With migraines, the pain is usually only located in one specific area, rather than all over. Aside from the throbbing and pulsing, migraines are often accompanied by a few other symptoms. If you’re someone who suffers from migraines frequently, then it may be time to seek medical attention. If you’re looking to treat your migraines alternatively, and have been searching the internet for “chiropractor near me”, then look no further. Comprehensive Healthcare Group can help! With a number of service areas, including chiropractic care, we can help relieve your pain.
Most researchers believe that Migraines have some sort of genetic cause. Aside from that though, there are a variety of different factors that can bring on a migraine. These include, but are not limited to:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Bright or Flashing Lights
- Loud Noises
- Strong Smells
- Certain Medications or Misuse of them
- Oversleeping or Not Getting Enough Sleep
- Skipping meals
- Sudden Changes in Whether or Environment
In your search for a chiropractor near me, you’ll be able to find out some other causes of Migraines as well as how you might be able to work towards eliminating these causes.
Migraines can occur at any stage of life. They often end up progressing as time goes on, and left untreated. The symptoms you may experience as a result of a migraine can be classified into four different stages. While not everyone may experience all four, it’s important to be aware of them. In your search for a “chiropractor near me”, you may discover the four stages of migraine symptoms include:
- Prodrome - These symptoms may occur one to two days prior to your migraine.
- Mood Changes
- Food Cravings
- Stiffness in your neck
- Increased thirst and urination
- Yawning frequently
- Aura - These symptoms occur during or before a migraine, but most people do not suffer from them.
- An Altered Visual Perception
- Losing vision
- Pins and Needles Sensations
- Experiencing weakness or numbness
- Inability or difficulty speaking
- Attack - Symptoms that happen throughout the migraine
- Pain on the side of your head or both sides
- Feeling nauseous or even vomiting
- Having a blurry vision
- Feeling lightheaded or even fainting
- Post-drome - You may experience these symptoms after you’ve had a migraine.
- Sensitivity to light and sound
If you’re suffering from Migraines and are looking for an alternative treatment method, then chiropractic care may be the answer. At your first visit, your doctor will decide which treatment option will best benefit you and relieve you from pain. A doctor may suggest:
- Spinal Manipulation or a chiropractic adjustment
- Suggest a change in diet, especially one that includes B complex vitamins.
- Offering advice for better posture
- Provide you with exercise and relaxation techniques
So rather than wasting your time searching for a chiropractor near me for migraine relief, give Comprehensive Healthcare Group a call today!