Arthritis is the result of inflammation in your joints. The term can actually define over 200 different medical conditions that may have an effect on any joint, tissue around the joint, or connective tissue in your body. It can lead to you experiencing pain or stiffness in your body or even make it difficult for you to move around. Over time, the condition can worsen and become more damaged. While Arthritis cannot be completely eliminated, seeking the help of a chiropractor in Oceanside NY can help not only help reduce uncomfortable symptoms, but also improve your quality of life.
One of the most common forms of Arthritis is Rheumatoid Arthritis. This is an autoimmune condition the affects your joints. One of the most common symptoms of this condition includes stiffness, which usually happens in the mornings. While some people only experience stiffness for a few hours, others may experience it all day long. If you’re looking for a way to relieve yourself, a chiropractor in Oceanside NY may offer the following tips:
- When you wake up, try to start your day with soft or gentle movements
- Work on incorporating targeted stretches into your routine
- Try using heat therapy in bed
- Take medications to reduce stiffness
- Try using joint creams
- Adjust your diet to give yourself more energy
As we previously mentioned, there is no cure for Arthritis, but seeking medical attention can be extremely beneficial. Not only will a doctor be able to minimize your pain, but they’ll be able to ease your day to day struggles. While there are certain medications you can take to relieve your pain, a chiropractor can help treat you in the following ways:
- Improving your range of motion
- Helping you improve your flexibility and endurance
- Building your muscle strength
- Advising you on a proper, nutritional diet including supplements that’ll work on reducing symptoms such as inflammation.
Although Arthritis stiffness is extremely common, it’s important to seek the help you need to find not only the right medication but proper strategies for you. If you’re looking to reduce your Arthritis stiffness, then visit Comprehensive Healthcare Group. Visit our website to make an appointment with one of our chiropractors!